auxilary

b. Auxiliary from to be :
Is, am , are (present)
“am” is only used with subject I.
Example :
I am a student.
“Are” is used with subject You, We, They, and plural nouns.
Examples :
You are still life
We “
They “
Ali and Ani “
Monkeys “

“Is” is used with the subject she, he, it, and singular noun.
Examples :
He is eating a banana
Ali “
She “
Ani “
It “
A monkey “
Was, were (past)
“was” is for the subject: I, he, she, it and singular nouns.
Examples :
I was eating a banana
A student “
He “
She “
Ani “
It “
A monkey “
“were” is used with the subject : you, they, we, and plural nouns.
Examples :
You were eating a banana
They “
We “
Ali and Ani “
My parents “
Monkeys “

Been (past participle)
Example :
I have been eating a banana.


c. Auxiliary from modals :

Modals Present
Can, may, must, will, shall, have to, to be(is, am, are) able to, to be(is, am, are) going to, etc
Example :
We can speak English.

Modals Past

Could, might, should , had to, to be (was, were) able to, to be (was, were) going to, atc.
Example :
We could speak English.
• After modal we have to use an infinitive verb.

No comments:

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.